The ultimate "parenting bible" (The Boston Globe") with a new Foreword--and available as an eBook for the first time--a timeless, beloved book on how to effectively communicate with your child from the #1 New York Times" bestselling authors.
Internationally acclaimed experts on communication between parents and children, Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish "are doing for parenting today what Dr. Spock did for our generation" ("Parent""Magazine"). Now, this bestselling classic includes fresh insights and suggestions as well as the author's time-tested methods to solve common problems and build foundations for lasting relationships, including innovative ways to:
- Cope with your child's negative feelings, such as frustration, anger, and disappointment
- Express your strong feelings without being hurtful
- Engage your child's willing cooperation
- Set firm limits and maintain goodwill
- Use alternatives to punishment that promote self-discipline
- Understand the difference between helpful and unhelpful praise
- Resolve family conflicts peacefully
Enthusiastically praised by parents and professionals around the world, the down-to-earth, respectful approach of Faber and Mazlish makes relationships with children of all ages less stressful and more rewarding.
About the Author :
Adele Faber has contributed to How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk as an author.
Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish are internationally acclaimed, award-winning experts on adult-child communication. Both lecture nationwide, and their group workshop programs are used by thousands of groups throughout the world to improve communication between children and adults.
Elaine Mazlish has contributed to How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk as an author. Mazlish is an internationally acclaimed, award-winning expert on adult-child communication. She lectures nationwide.
|Title:||How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk||Publisher:||Scribner Book Company|
|Author:||Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish, Kimberly Ann Coe|
|Edition:||Paperback Anniversary, Up|
|No. of Pages:||345|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping