This album features 10 of the biggest hits penned by writer-lyricist Gulzar. With songs from blockbusters like Maachis, Rudaali, Sadma and Jeeva the albums has a mix of singers including Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Bhupen Hazarika, Suresh Wadkar among others.
About the artist:
Gulzar is an Indian poet, lyricist and director. He primarily writes in Hindi-Urdu, but has also written in Punjabi, several dialects of Hindi such as Braj Bhasha, Khadiboli, Haryanvi and Marwari.
Gulzar was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2004 for his contribution to the arts, and the Sahitya Akademi Award in 2002. He has also won a number of National Film Awards and Filmfare Awards in various categories. In 2009, he won the Academy Award for Best Original Song for "Jai Ho" in the film Slumdog Millionaire (2008). On 31 January 2010, the same song won him a Grammy Award in the category of Best Song Written For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media.
As a lyricist, Gulzar is best known for his association with the music directors R. D. Burman, A. R. Rahman and Vishal Bhardwaj, and has also worked with other leading Hindi movie music directors including S. D. Burman, Salil Chowdhury, Hemant Kumar, Madan Mohan, Shankar Ehsaan Loy and Anu Malik among others.
1. Chappa Chappa - Hariharan & Suresh Wadkar
2. Maula O Maula - Bhupen Hazarika
3. Aye Zindagi - Suresh Wadkar
4. Dil Hoom Hoom Karen - Bhupen Hazarika
5. Boodhe Pahadon Par - Suresh Wadkar
6. Dil Hoom Hoom Karen - Lata Mangeshkar
7. Roz Roz Aankhon Tale - Asha Bhosle & Amit Kumar
8. Surmayee Ankhiyon Mein - Yesudas
9. Paani Paani Re - Lata Mangeshkar
10. Khwab Toote - Suresh Wadkar