The 5 Elements of Effective Thinking presents practical, lively, and inspiring ways for you to become more successful through better thinking. The idea is simple: You can learn how to think far better by adopting specific strategies. Brilliant people aren't a special breed—they just use their minds differently. By using the straightforward and thought-provoking techniques in The 5 Elements of Effective Thinking, you will regularly find imaginative solutions to difficult challenges, and you will discover new ways of looking at your world and yourself—revealing previously hidden opportunities.
The book offers real-life stories, explicit action items, and concrete methods that allow you to attain a deeper understanding of any issue, exploit the power of failure as a step toward success, develop a habit of creating probing questions, see the world of ideas as an ever-flowing stream of thought, and embrace the uplifting reality that we are all capable of change. No matter who you are, the practical mind-sets introduced in the book will empower you to realize any goal in a more creative, intelligent, and effective manner. Filled with engaging examples that unlock truths about thinking in every walk of life, The 5 Elements of Effective Thinking is written for all who want to reach their fullest potential—including students, parents, teachers, businesspeople, professionals, athletes, artists, leaders, and lifelong learners.
Whenever you are stuck, need a new idea, or want to learn and grow, The 5 Elements of Effective Thinking will inspire and guide you on your way.
Table of Contents:
Preface Thinking Makes the Difference vii
Introduction Elements of Effective Thinking, Learning, and Creating 1
1. Grounding Your Thinking 13 UNDERSTAND DEEPLY Understand simple things deeply 15 Clear the clutter— seek the essential 26 See what's there 31 See what's missing 41 Final thoughts: Deeper is better 44
2. Igniting Insights through Mistakes 47 FAIL TO SUCCEED Welcome accidental missteps— let your errors be your guide 51 Finding the right question to the wrong answer 64 Failing by intent 66 Final thoughts: A modified mind-set 71
3. Creating Questions out of Thin Air 73 BE YOUR OWN SOCRATES How answers can lead to questions 75 Creating questions enlivens your curiosity 82 What's the real question? 86 Final thoughts: The art of creating questions and active listening 93
4. Seeing the Flow of Ideas 95 LOOK BACK, LOOK FORWARD Understanding current ideas through the flow of ideas 98 Creating new ideas from old ones 106 Final thoughts: "Under construction" is the norm 117
5. Engaging Change 119 TRANSFORM YOURSELF
A Way to Provoke Effective Thinking 136 A Brief Review
Share Your Own Stories of Effective Thinking 149 Acknowledgments 151 About the Authors 155
The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.