This volume by a respected theologian offers fresh consideration of the work of famous fourth-century church father Athanasius, giving specific attention to his use of Scripture, his deployment of metaphysical categories, and the intersection between the two. Peter Leithart not only introduces Athanasius and his biblical theology but also puts Athanasius into dialogue with contemporary theologians.This volume launches the series Foundations of Theological Exegesis and Christian Spirituality. Edited by Hans Boersma and Matthew Levering, the series critically recovers patristic exegesis and interpretation for contemporary theology and spirituality. Each volume covers a specific church father and illuminates the exegesis that undergirds the Nicene Creed. The series contributes to the growing area of theological interpretation and will appeal to both evangelical and Catholic readers.
Table of Contents:
Introduction: Scripture and Metaphysics (in the Augustinian Mode)
1. Evangelizing Metaphysics
2. Types, Terms, and Paradigms
3. The One God
4. Beginnings: Word and World
5. Middle: God for Us
6. End: God Made Man, Man Made God
Epilogue (Again in the Augustinian Mode)
|Title:||Athanasius||Publisher:||Baker Publishing Group|
|Author:||Peter J Leithart, Hans Boersma, Matthew Levering|
|Edition:||Ebook , EPUB|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.