This discussion of the Cross-Border Merger Directive and its implementing legislation in each Member State of the European Union and the European Economic Area provides companies and their advisors with useful insight into the legal framework applicable to, and the tax treatment of, cross-border mergers throughout the European Economic Area. Analysis of the Community rules laid down in the Cross-Border Merger Directive and the Community rules on the tax treatment of cross-border mergers is complemented by chapters on the implementing legislation in each Member State, prepared in accordance with a common format and contributed by a practitioner from each state. Annexes contain the Cross-Border Merger Directive (Annex I), the Parent-Subsidiary Directive (Annex II) and a list of the implementing legislation in each Member State (Annex III).
Table of Contents:
Part II. National Reports for EU Member States: 19. Finland Outi Raitasuo and Johanna Haltia-Tapio
22. Ireland Margaret Stack, Jennifer McCarthy and Michael Greene
23. Italy Francesco Gianni and Marco Zaccagnini
24. Latvia Maris Brizgo, Raymond L. Slaidins and John Ja Burke
25. Lithuania Irmantas Norkus and Eva Suduiko
26. Luxembourg Margaretha Wilkenhuysen and Louisa Silcox
27. Malta Adrian Gabarretta, Colm O'Connor and Nadia Cassar
28. Portugal Margarida Barrocas, Marcelo Alves and Mariana Ferreira
29. Republic of Slovenia Jurij Dol˜æan, Matija Knapiƒç and Samo Heriƒç
30. Romania Gabriela Cacerea and Mihaela Ispas
31. Spain Jaime Pereda Espeso and Josv©
Gabriel Martv?nez Pav±os
32. Sweden Jan Bertil Andersson
Part III. Application in the EEA Member States: 33. Iceland vìlafur Arinbjv?rn Sigurv8sson
34. Liechtenstein Alexander Appel and Moritz Blasy
Part IV. Annexes: Annex I. Council Directive 2005/56/EC of 26 October 2005 on cross-border mergers of limited liability companies (the 'Cross-Border Merger Directive')
Annex II. Council Directive 2009/133/EC of 19 October 2009 on the common system of taxation applicable to mergers, divisions, partial divisions, transfers of assets and exchanges of shares concerning companies of different Member States and to the transfer of the registered office of an SE or SCE between Member States (the 'Merger Tax Directive')
Annex III. List of national legislation implementing the Cross-Border Merger Directive.
Deliverable Countries: This product delivers to United Arab Emirates, Australia, Belgium, Bahrain, Canada, Switzerland, China, Germany, Spain, Finland, France, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Kenya, Kuwait, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Thailand, United States, South Africa.
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.