|Ebook, Pdf 2002||
|In Stock. 0-0 business days|
Adobe PDF eBook Rights:
Copying not allowed.
Printing not allowed.
Lending not allowed.
Reading aloud not allowed.
In this book, leading financial professionals and academics examine the prospects for the European single currency, widely seen as heralding a 'quantum leap' for European financial markets.
The impact of the Euro, and its implications for European market integration, are examined in terms of three core factors:
* risks and opportunities for financial intermediaries
* challenges for monetary and supervisory authorities
* issues for portfolio management and corporate finance
The discussion embraces key topics, such as the Maastricht Treaty design for the European Bank, and its possible loopholes, and the assumption that the European capital market will emerge to challenge the US in scale and liquidity.
'In this book each euro-analyst can find interesting background information, useful analysis and clear forecasts for the single European currency...the volume may become a benchmark within the huge number of euro-linked publications.' -- Forum Financier / Revue Bancaire et Financiere [2001/2]
Table of Contents:
Introduction Michael Artis
1. The euro: a challenge to, and opportunity for, financial markets Hans Tietmeyer
2. Critical years for the global financial markets Ernst-Moritz Lipp
3. 'One size fits all?' EMU and Procrustes Michael Artis
4. Evolving ambitions in Europe's monetary unification: the Robert Marjolin Lecture Niels Thygesen
Commission 1. Risks and opportunities for commercial banks and other financial intermediaries
5. Indicators of potential excess capacity in EU and US banking structures E. Philip Davis and Sinnika Salo
6. EMU and the structure of the European banking system Oliver De Bandt
7. Eurobanking: the Strategic issues Jean Dermine
8. Are financial conglomerates and universal banks efficient? Evidence from European banking Rudi Vander Vennet
Commission 2. Challenges to monetary and supervisory authorities
9. Managing the euro in a tri-polar world John Arrowsmith, Ray Barrell and Christopher Taylor
10. Are European central banks over-capitalized? Daniel Gros and Franziska Schobert
11. Will the European Central Bank be the lender of last resort in EMU? Alessandro Prati and Garry Schinasi
Commission 3. Issues for portfolio management and corporate finance
12. The effects of the euro on portfolio allocation Andrea Beltratti
13. Delivering the benefits of EMU: securitization Graham Bishop
14. The impact of EMU on portfolio management Martin Brookes
15. Credit risk and ratings after the euro Christopher Huhne
16. Prospects for the exchange rate of the euro Robert N. McCauley
|Title:||The Euro||Publisher:||Taylor & Francis Group Plc|
|Author:||Michael Artis, Axel Weber, Elizabeth Hennessy|
|Edition:||Ebook 1 , PDF|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping