Every year students pay as much as $800 to test prep companies to prepare for the GMAT . Now you can get the same preparation in a book. GMAT Prep Course provides the equivalent of a two-month, 50-hour course.
Although the GMAT is a difficult test, it is a very learnable test. GMAT Prep Course presents a thorough analysis of the GMAT and introduces numerous analytic techniques that will help you immensely, not only on the GMAT but in business school as well.
* Math: Twenty-two chapters provide comprehensive review of GMAT math.
* Logical Reasoning: Discover the underlying simplicity of these problems and learn the tactics the GMAT writers use to obfuscate the answers.
* Reading Comprehension: Develop the ability to spot places from which questions are likely to be drawn as you read a passage (pivotal words, counter-premises, etc.).
* Sentence Correction: Comprehensive review of GMAT grammar.
* Writing Assessment: Learn how to get top scores on your Analysis of Issue and Analysis of Argument essays.
* Mentor Exercises: These exercises provide hints, insight, and partial solutions to ease your transition from seeing GMAT problems solved to solving them on your own.
As a Professor of English, I make it my business to find books and use them to help students get into graduate school. I have found the Nova book complete in every aspect. The student should have a complete understanding of the math and sentence correction portions upon completion of the book. Without unnecessary rhetoric, the text is exact, with comprehensive yet concise answers, in the math and verbal sections. This is definitely a three year crash course in a several month program. Lastly, again, as a Professor, the answers were correct, concise, and cutting to the point. -T. Dennis--Instructor
Table of Contents:
About This Book iii
Part One: MATH
Standard Math 17
Math Notes 27
Defined Functions 32
Number Theory 37
Elimination Strategies 68
Fractions & Decimals77
Ratio & Proportion 92
Exponents & Roots 98
Algebraic Expressions 107
Word Problems 123
Sequences & Series 130
Probability & Statistics 137
Summary of Math Properties 142
Diagnostic/Review Math Test 253
Part Two: VERBAL
Reading Comprehension 333
The Six Questions 336
Pivotal Words 361
The Three Step Method 372
Logic I 407
Logic II (Diagramming) 435
Sentence Correction 535
Writing Assessment 611
About This Book section
If you don't have a pencil in your hand, get one now! Don't just read this book--write on it, study it, scrutinize it! In short, for the next six weeks, this book should be a part of your life. When you have finished the book, it should be marked-up, dog-eared, tattered and torn.
Although the GMAT is a difficult test, it is a very learnable test. This is not to say that the GMAT is "beatable." There is no bag of tricks that will show you how to master it overnight. You probably have already realized this. Some books, nevertheless, offer "inside stuff" or "tricks" which they claim will enable you to beat the test. These include declaring that answer-choices B, C, or D are more likely to be correct than choices A or E. This tactic, like most of its type, does not work. It is offered to give the student the feeling that he or she is getting the scoop on the test.
The GMAT cannot be "beaten." But it can be mastered--through hard work, analytical thought, and by training yourself to think like a test writer.
This book will introduce you to numerous analytic techniques that will help you immensely, not only on the GMAT but in business school as well. For this reason, studying for the GMAT can be a rewarding and satisfying experience.
Although the quick-fix method is not offered in this book, about 15% of the material is dedicated to studying how the questions are constructed. Knowing how the problems are written and how the test writers think will give you useful insight into the problems and make them less mysterious. Moreover, familiarity with the GMAT's structure will help reduce your anxiety. The more you know about this test, the less anxious you will be the day you take it.
|Title:||GMAT Prep Course||Publisher:||Nova Press|
|Edition:||Ebook , EPUB|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping