The comprehensive, soup-to-nuts guide to Photoshop, fully updated
Photoshop CS6, used for both print and digital media, is the industry leader in image-editing software. The newest version adds some exciting new features, and this bestselling guide has been revised to cover each of them, along with all the basic information you need to get started. Learn to use all the tools, including the histogram palette, Lens Blur, Match Color, and the color replacement tool, as well as keyboard shortcuts. Then master retouching and color correction, work with Camera Raw images, prepare photos for print or the web, and much more.
- Photoshop has the broadest user base of any professional-level graphics application, ranging from photo hobbyists to professionals in graphic design, publishing, video editing, animation, and broadcasting
- This comprehensive guide has what beginners need to know as well as intermediate-level information on key tools and procedures
- Features a 16-page full-color insert and a companion website with tutorials, including JPEG and PSD files of images from the book
- Covers image-editing basics, the File Browser, histogram palette, Lens Blur, Match Color, the color replacement tool, and customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Delves into techniques for working with Camera Raw images; how to retouch, color-correct, manipulate, and combine images; and all the new features and enhancements in the latest version
Photoshop CS6 Bible is the one reference book every Photoshop user needs.