Renewable Energy Sources and Climate Change Mitigation Description
This Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Special Report (IPCC-SRREN) assesses the potential role of renewable energy in the mitigation of climate change. It covers the six most important renewable energy sources - bioenergy, solar, geothermal, hydropower, ocean and wind energy - as well as their integration into present and future energy systems. It considers the environmental and social consequences associated with the deployment of these technologies and presents strategies to overcome technical as well as non-technical obstacles to their application and diffusion. SRREN brings a broad spectrum of technology-specific experts together with scientists studying energy systems as a whole. Prepared following strict IPCC procedures, it presents an impartial assessment of the current state of knowledge: it is policy relevant but not policy prescriptive. SRREN is an invaluable assessment of the potential role of renewable energy for the mitigation of climate change for policymakers, the private sector and academic researchers.
Table of Contents:
Summary for policymakers
1. Renewable energy and climate change
3. Direct solar energy
4. Geothermal energy
6. Ocean energy
7. Wind energy
8. Integration of renewable energy into present and future energy systems
9. Renewable energy in the context of sustainable development
10. Mitigation potential and costs
11. Policy, financing and implementation
Annex I. Glossary and acronyms
Annex II. Methodology
Annex III. Recent renewable energy cost and performance parameters
Annex IV. Contributors to the IPCC Special Report
Annex V. Reviewers of the IPCC Special Report
Annex VI. Permissions to publish.
Renewable Energy Sources and Climate Change Mitigation
Deliverable Countries: This product delivers to United Arab Emirates, Australia, Belgium, Bahrain, Canada, Switzerland, China, Germany, Spain, Finland, France, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Kenya, Kuwait, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Thailand, United States, South Africa.
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.