Jobs requiring computer and technical skills continue to grow. Explore 100 careers focused on computers and other technologies, assess which ones match your skills, and get the job you want quickly with this authoritative resource. In one time-saving volume, job seekers and students find everything they need to research careers; learn about pay, outlook, education, and skills needed for the 100 jobs; match their personal skills to the jobs; and take seven steps to land a good job in less time. This book provides—in alphabetical order—thorough, current, and interesting descriptions of 100 major jobs that require computer and technical skills. A newly updated special book-within-a-book section describes the seven steps that cut job search time in half and includes sample targeted resumes by professional resume writers. A new, easy-to-use assessment matches your personal skills with the characteristics of the occupations described in the book.
This book is part of JIST’s Top Careers series, which gives job seekers, students, and others a convenient, helpful combination of career information. All books in the series offer high-quality, current labor market information--a key consideration for anyone doing career research and planning.
• Job seekers, career changers, new graduates, and students doing career research and preparing for their job search.
• Students enrolled in computer, Web, technology, engineering, math, and technical training at universities, colleges, and vocational schools.
• Career counselors, trainers, and educators assisting students and job seekers.
• Information to learn about and land the right computer or technical job—all in one resource.
• Job descriptions are written as easy-to-read narratives, about two-to-three pages long each.
• Includes a brand-new assessment called the Job-Match Grid to help readers match their personal skills and abilities to the jobs in the book, so that they can find those that suit them best. The assessment also lists five “job characteristics” for each job so that you can judge if its physical demands, working conditions, economic trends, and other factors suit you. The seven skills covered in the assessment include artistic, communication, interpersonal, managerial, mathematics, mechanical, science. The five job characteristics covered in the assessment are economically sensitive, geographically concentrated, hazardous conditions, outdoor work, and physically demanding.
• Descriptions, data, and statistics are from the latest Occupational Outlook Handbook by the U.S. Department of Labor, the most reliable and current source of career information.
• Text covers all the points important in detailed career exploration and research: nature of the work, working conditions, job outlook through 2014, education needed, earnings, related occupations, and additional information sources, including Web sites.
• Highly practical and effective job search information in the bonus section helps readers develop their “skills language,” make career decisions, write resumes, get two interviews a day, dramatically improve their interviewing skills, and learn the most effective job search methods.
• Features resume examples written by professional resume writers for jobs described in the book.
• Includes helpful articles on important labor market trends.
• Provides high-quality current labor market information—a key consideration for anyone doing career research and planning.
Table of Contents:
Introduction Section I: Using the Job-Match Grid to Choose a Career Section II: Descriptions of Top 100 Computer and Technical Careers Section III: Quick Job Search—Seven Steps to Getting a Good Job in Less Time Section IV: Important Trends in Jobs and Industries
|Title:||Top 100 Computer and Technical Careers||Publisher:||JIST Publishing|
|Edition:||Ebook 3 , PDF|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping