The theological and philosophical bases of the beliefs are clearly presented with their history, development, expression and everyday practice. It is written by international specialists in a scholarly but non-technical style.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction, Peter Clarke 2. Early Islam, Julian Baldick (King's College, London) 3. Islam in North Africa, M. Brett (School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London) 4. Islam in Iran, Julian Baldick 5. Islam in the Indian Sub-Continent, F.A. Nizami (Centre for Islamic Studies, University of Oxford) 6. The Turks and Islam, J.D. Norton (University of Durham) 7. China's Muslims, R. Israeli (Hebrew University, Jerusalem) 8. Islam in Indonesia, E.U. Kratz (School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London) 9. Islam in the Middle East, Denis MacEoin (University of Durham) 10. Islam in Tropical Africa to c.1900, J.O. Hunwick (Northwestern University, US) 11. Islam in Tropical Africa in the 20th Century, Peter Clarke 12. Islam in Contemporary Europe, Peter Clarke 13. Islam in North America, S.S. Nyang (Howard University, US) Index
|Title:||The World's Religions: Islam||Publisher:||Taylor & Francis Group Plc|
|Edition:||Ebook 1 , PDF|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.