Adobe DRM PDF/EPUB Download Steps
- This section explains how to read Adobe-DRM pdf/epub ebooks on your devices. People who are already aware of what Adobe-DRM is, may skip reading this section and proceed to buying the ebook.
- Please note that the current download will only work on 'Windows', 'Mac OS' or devices supporting Adobe-DRM like ebook readers.
- The downloadable PDF/EPUB is DRM enabled - it has "rights" that controls printing, copying, lending etc. Please review the "rights" in the product description of the ebook you intend to buy to help you decide.
- The downloaded PDF/EPUB can be opened with 'Abobe Digital Edition' application only and can be read on atmost 6 devices (all of which need to support 'Adobe Digital Edition'). This app is supported by many devices including PC/Desktops with Windows/Mac-OS and e-readers like 'Infibeam Pi'. This application is different from 'Adobe acrobat reader'. So please install 'Adobe Digital Edition' by following the below steps -
- If you don't have it, please install it fromadobe.com
(Adobe page may load slow, so please be patient).You may follow the graphical instructions here
- Once the installation finishes, 'Adobe Digital Edition' will ask you to authorize the device. Please click on the "get an Adobe ID online" (in case you don't already have one) or get it fromhere. Once you click on 'get an Adobe ID online' you will
be taken to 'Adobe site' for registration. After you are done with registration, enter your new adobe-id (which is essentially your email-id registered at adobe.com) in the dialog box and authorize the 'Adobe Digital Edition' to this adobe-id.
- Warning: If you don't authorize your 'Adobe Digital Edition' with adobe-id (which is essentially your email-id registred at adobe.com), any ebooks downloaded to it can be read only and only on the same machine. You can't trasfer to any other device/computer.
Whereas if u authorize it to an 'adobe-id', you can copy the ebook on 6 different devices like desktops/laptops/PCs and e-readers etc. (all need to be authorized by same adobe id though).
- Warning:Adobe-DRM PDF/Epub books can't be simply copied to other devices, but one has to register a device, like an ereader, via 'Adobe Digital Edition' application either directly via internet access on the device or via 'Adobe Digital Edition' on ones Desktop/PC/Laptop etc. and then transfer via this application. 'Adobe Digital Edition' automatically detects any device (having Adobe Digital License) when attached with your Desktop/PC/Laptop and auto-registers the device. It is that simple but only 6 devices can be registered overall.
- If you have 'Adobe Digital Edition' already installed, but not authorized yet, we recommend you get it authorized to an adobe-id.
- To authorize, please go to 'library view' of your 'Adobe Digital Edition' and select 'Authorize computer' from the drop-down.
- Please follow the steps mentioned above to authorize with an adobe-id.
- Once you have 'Adobe Digital Edition' installed on your computer, either proceed with your checkout or if already checked-out please go to your purchase (or "Your Account") and download the ebooks by clicking on the download link(s).
- At this stage, the system may automatically ask you to open the downloaded file with 'Adobe Digital Edition'. Click 'OK'/'yes'. The PDF/EPUB file will automatically get downloaded in few seconds and appear in your library for reading
- In case the system doesn't prompt you to open the downloaded file, please save it in a folder. It will be a file with ".acsm" extension. Then open 'Adobe Digital Edition' application and drag/drop the ***.acsm file into the reading-pane of 'Adobe Digital Edition'. This will automatically download the associated file.
- This file gets associated with your 'adobe-id' and can open with any device authorized with the 'same' adobe-id.
- Sometimes the file may not open still and throws a I/O error #2038, which means that even though the 'Adobe Digital Edition' edition has the meta information for the file, but it doesn't have the actual pdf in the 'My Digital Editions' folder (in the 'My Documents' folder). Either it was moved by you or got deleted accidently. Please try to restore it if possible. Also quite possible that you had 'Download Manager' enabled when downloading which would have interferred with the download; please turn off the 'Download Manager' and re-initiate the download.
- Read On iOS : DRM eBooks can be downloaded and read on iOS devices with applications like :