First published in 1972, "Models of Teaching" is widely considered to be "the" classic models text in the field. Thoroughly updated for currency and accuracy, the seventh edition covers the rationale and research on the major models of teaching and applies the models by using scenarios and examples of instructional materials. These models have shown to accelerate student learning and act as lifelong learning tools.
What's New to This Edition?
- The Picture Word Inductive Model has been added to Chapter 5 and includes two curriculum studies.
- Stronger coverage of constructivism, metacognition, and the proximal principle is included in the early chapters.
- More than 150 new research references have been added to this edition.
- Many of the models contain all new scenarios, research, and applications.
- Inner chapters contain descriptions of multi-model curriculums and studies of their effects.
Covers Major Models of Teaching. Teaching Models. Designed for use as a main or supplemental text in undergraduate- or graduate-level courses entitled Elementary Curriculum, Introduction to Instruction, Introduction to Teaching, Models of Teaching, and Instructional Methods.