Tailored specifically to the needs of students, these portable paperback dictionaries are the ideal companions for anyone beginning to learn Spanish or French.
With its student-friendly features and compact paperback format, the Larousse Pocket Student Dictionary is an invaluable tool for beginning language learners and teachers. Available in both Spanish-English and French-English editions, the Larousse Pocket Student Dictionary offers a clear layout and eye-catching design that make the dictionary fun to browse and easy to use. The vocabulary has been adapted specifically to the needs of students, and thousands of examples show words used in context.
The dictionary features:
- 20,000 words and phrases with 45,000 translations
- no confusing abbreviations--parts of speech and noun genders are given in full
- boxed entries on aspects of life and culture in Spanish-speaking or French-speaking countries
- warning boxes for false cognates
- grammar notes to explain common difficulties when learning a new language