The world's best-selling learner dictionary of American English has been completely revised and updated! Still the "only" intermediate-level dictionary completely based on authentic spoken and written English, the "Longman Dictionary of American English" now offers even more outstanding features, including Thesaurus Boxes and a full-color picture dictionary. "Real" Language
- Completely revised and updated coverage, including terms from business, technology, and the media, ensure that students learn the most current language.
- 52,000 words and phrases.
- Interactive CD-ROM with full contents of the dictionary.
- The Longman Defining Vocabulary, limited to the 2,000 most common English words, guarantees that definitions are easy to understand.
- 3,000 key words are highlighted so that students know exactly which words to learn first.
- Easy-to-see signposts get students to the right meaning quickly!
- Fully integrated thesaurus explains thousands of synonyms and antonyms.
- Spoken phrases are highlighted to help students differentiate between spoken and written forms.
- Full-color picture dictionary brings words to life.
- Learner's Handbook section contains Writing, Grammar, and Communication Guides to help with common errors and vocabulary acquisition.