How do we reconcile our need to express our emotions with our desire to protect others? Far too often we find ourselves trapped in this dilemma of expression versus repression. We fear that by expressing our true feelings, we will hurt and alienate those close to us. But by repressing our emotions--even in the benevolent guise of "self-control"--we only risk hurting ourselves.
Osho, one of the most provocative and inspiring spiritual teachers of our time, provides here a practical and comprehensive approach to dealing with this conflict effectively. Incorporating new, never-before-published material, "Emotional Wellness" leads us to understand the roots of our emotions, to react to situations in a way that can teach us more about ourselves and others, and to respond to life's inevitable ups and downs with far greater confidence and equilibrium.
- The impact that fear, anger, and jealousy have on our lives
- How emotions like guilt, insecurity, and fear are used to manipulate us
- How to break out of unhealthy responses to strong emotions
- How to transform destructive emotions into creative energy
- The role of society and culture on our individual emotional styles
Osho's unique insight into the human mind and heart goes far beyond conventional psychology. He teaches us to experience our emotions fully and to deal with them creatively in order to achieve a richer, fuller life.