|Publisher:||S. Chand Group|
1. Revised and updated matter in simple and lucid style.
2. Additional features
3. Questions (asked in Degree Examinations of some Universities) and objective type features further fortify the utility of the book.
4. Glossary has been updated by addition of 25 more technical terms.
5. Bibliography induction authenticates the content accordingly.
6. Overall,the book caters not only to the undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students but also fares well in the competition arena.
Book Contents -
1. The Plant cell
2. Water, Solutions, Suspensions and Colloidal Systems
3. Diffusion, Osmosis and Imbibition
4. Absorption of water
5. Transpiration and Guttation
6. Ascent of Sap
7. Absorption of Mineral Salts
8. Mineral Nutrition of Plants
9. Nitrogen Metabolism
12. Special Methods of Nutrition
13. Carbohydrate Metabolism
14. Lipid (Fat) Metabolism
15. Translocation of Organic Solutes
17. Growth and Growth Hormones
20. Germination and Dormancy of Seeds and Buds
21. Plant Movements
22. Circadian Rhythms in Plants
23. Stress Physiology
24. Secondary Metabolites