Advancements and rapid developments have led to many ramifications in the ever-changing world of software engineering. This book, in its third edition, is restructured and revised to trace the advancements made and landmarks achieved in the field. This book not only incorporates latest and enhanced software engineering techniques and practices but also shows how these techniques are applied into the practical software assignments. The chapters are incorporated with illustrative examples to add an analytical insight on the subject. The book is logically organized to cover expanded and revised treatment of all software process activities. New to This Edition
- The contents and presentation of all chapters have been improved thoroughly.
- A new layout highlights the important concepts and theories in a box format, in order to help the students in learning process.
- A new chapter on Emerging Trends emphasizes on the most upcoming and advanced techniques in the field of Software Engineering.
- Primarily intended for the undergraduate students of Software Engineering, the book is also beneficial for the students opting for a course in MCA, MBA and IT.
About the Author RAJIB MALL
- Large number of worked-out examples and practice problems.
- Chapter-end exercises and solutions to selected problems to check students- comprehension on the subject.
- Solutions manual available for instructors.
- Power Point slides available online at www.phindia.com/rajibmall to provide integrated learning to the students.
PhD, is Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. He has vast practical experience in developing industry-oriented software products. Having an academic experience of a decade and half in IIT Kharagpur, Professor Mall has guided several doctoral dissertations and published over a hundred research articles. Table of Contents
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 2. SOFTWARE LIFE CYCLE MODELS
- 3. SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- 4. REQUIREMENTS ANALYSIS AND SPECIFICATION
- 5. SOFTWARE DESIGN
- 6. FUNCTION-ORIENTED SOFTWARE DESIGN
- 7. OBJECT MODELLING USING UML
- 8. OBJECT-ORIENTED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- 9. USER INTERFACE DESIGN
- 10. CODING AND TESTING
- 11. SOFTWARE RELIABILITY AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- 12. COMPUTER AIDED SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- 13. SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE
- 14. SOFTWARE REUSE
- 15. EMERGING TRENDS