This book covers the entire gamut of bridge engineering?investigation, design, construction and maintenance of bridges. The coverage is not dealt with isolation, but discussed in relation to basic approaches to design of bridges, supported by numerous case studies. Further, the book includes design details of superstructures and foundations.
Bridge Engineering has been thoroughly revised to reflect the changes in technology that have occurred in the past. It includes new chapters on grade separators and river training works, with special reference to revised design standards. The book has been specifically designed to suit the requirements of design and practising engineers as well as students in India.
Written by an engineer and planner who has vast experience in bridge engineering, this single-source reference includes:
Investigation for major and important bridges
Design and construction aspects of both road and railway bridges
Inspection and maintenance of bridges and superstructures
Rebuilding of bridges
And much more?
Table of Contents:
2. Investigation for Bridges and Culverts
3. Investigations for Important Bridges
4. Design Flood Discharge for Bridges
5. Linear Waterway of Bridges
6. Choice of Foundation for Piers and Abutments
7. Types of Bridges and Loading Standards
8. Setting Out for Piers and Abutments
9. Open Foundation
10. Pile Foundations
11. Well Foundation
12. Well Foundation?Case Studies