Treated as a standard text in view of its comprehension and presentation in a very clear and simple language, BD Chaurasia's Anatomy is the preferred and ideal text book has been thoroughly revised to make it still more student-friendly. It has the following Features Improved diagrams with better labelling and clarity. Illustrated clinical anatomy given at the end of each chapter to increase the book's utility during clinical years.Separate DVD given with each volume containing videos on osteology for proper preparation for the examination. Section on "Brain" has been revised with a chapter exclusively on cranial nerves. Highlights of the three volumes
- A brief at the beginning of each chapter outlines the important features of the chapter.
- The chapter on bones is profusely illustrated to enhance the clinical importance of osteology. The citations are given in sequence close to the related text. Figures are also given on ossification.
- To make the volume practical-oriented, steps of dissection are put in distinctive boxes, marked DISSECTION. The lines of skin incision are shown in figures. Figures have also been given for the dissection undertaken. The volume impart both theoretical as well as practical knowledge to the students.
- The attachments, nerve supply and actions of the muscles are shown in boxes. Testing of a group of muscles are shown with the help of diagrams.
- The text is supplemented with a number of easily reproducible colour diagrams providing a photogenic memory to the reader.
- To complete the various facets of anatomy, histology and development of the various organs have been added. Some radiographs, ultrasound scans and CT scans have been added to initiate the readers into the realm of radiology and imaging.
- At the end of each section, appendix containing full course of the spinal nerves, cranial nerves autonomic nerves, autonomic ganglia and tables on arteries have been given. Samples of clinicoanatomical problems have been inserted to tune the readers about their future clinical years.
- Multiple choice question have been increased and incorporated to test knowledge and skill acquired. About The Author
Krishna Garg MBBS MS FAMS editor of this book, is ex-professor and head, Department of anatomy, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. She joined LHMC in 1964 where she completed her MS and phD, and taught anatomy till 1996. She has received fellowshops of the indian medical Association Academy of Medical Specialists and the International Medical Science Academy. She was elected Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences (FAMS) in 2005. She was honoured with Excellence Award in Anatomy in 2004 by Delhi Medical Association. She is coaauthor of textbook of Textbook of Neuroanatomy published by CBS P&D.