The Everyman Shakespeare is the most authoritative, up-to-date paperback edition of the plays and poems.
Uniquely among existing editions it provides:
- face-to-face text and notes
- a chronology of Shakespeare-s life and times
- a rich selection of critical and theatrical responses to the play over the centuries
- text derived from the earliest printings, often preserving puns and wordplay otherwise lost
- foreword by an actor and theatre director describing the play in performance
- up-to-date commentary on the structure, atmosphere and content of the play and on its sources and influences