|No. of Pages:||232|
About the book
The textbook introduces the students to the science and technology of powder metallurgy including the treatment of ceramic powders and powders of some intermetallic compounds.
With improved organization and enriched contents, the book explores a thorough coverage of various aspects of powder metallurgy involving raw materials, various methods of production of metallic powders and non-metallic powders, their characteristics, technological aspects of compacting and sintering, various applications of powder metallurgy technology using different techniques as well as most of the recent developments in powder metallurgy.
With all the latest information incorporated and several key pedagogical attributes included, this textbook is an invaluable learning tool for the undergraduate students of metallurgical and materials engineering for a one semester course on powder metallurgy. It also caters to the students of mechanical engineering, automobile engineering, aerospace engineering, industrial and production engineering for their courses in manufacturing technology, processes and practices.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SECOND EDITION
• Sections exploring the grinding in mills, disintegration of liquid metals and alloys, some more methods for the production of iron powder by reduction of oxides, metallothermic reduction of oxides, etc. have been included.
• Sections on mechanical comminution of solid materials, structural P/M parts, etc. have been modified highlighting an up to date version.
• Several types of questions have been incorporated in the additional questions given at the end of book to guide the students from examination and practice point of view.
• For Undergraduate students of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering for a one semester course on powder metallurgy.
• Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial and Production Engineering for their courses in manufacturing technology, processes and practices.
About the author
B.K. DATTA (Ph.D.) is Former Senior Faculty at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. He has over forty years of teaching and research experience. Dr. Datta has also co-authored a book on Material Science and published many articles in national/international journals. He is a founder member of the Powder Metallurgical Association of India (PMAI), life member of the Indian Institute of Metals (IIM) and a member of The Institution of Engineers (India).
Chapter 1 GENERAL INTRODUCTION
Chapter 2 RAW MATERIALS: THEIR PRODUCTION AND CHARACTERISTICS
Chapter 3 CONSOLIDATION OF METAL AND CERAMIC POWDERS
Chapter 4 APPLICATIONS OF POWDER METALLURGY
Appendix-Recent Trends in Powder Metallurgy
|Title:||Powder Metallurgy: An Advanced Technique Of Processing Engineering Materials||Publisher:||PHI|
|Author:||B K Datta|
|No. of Pages:||232|