High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles! Before SHS actually opened it was first a courthouse with a small jail section underneath. SHS first opened in 1894 at the completion of the original 'A building'. The school underwent many remodels through the 1980s, including changes to the 'B building'. These changes removed the last vestiges of 'old' Snohomish High School - making the building completely modern. Among the changes made to the B building were the removal of its decades old fixed wooden bleachers and over-painting of many student-painted murals from the 1960s and earlier. There were also additions of music, science, and vocational buildings during this time. In an attempt to curb overcrowding, the 'C building' was constructed and opened in 1999, adding an additional ten classrooms to the school.