Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet South India & Kerala is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Float along Kerala's beautiful backwaters, join the riot of activity at Goa's beaches, or watch the sunset cast a rosy glow over Hampi; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South India and Kerala and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet South India & Kerala Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budget - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, religion, history, art, literature, cinema, music, dance, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 85 neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Travel with Children, and Walking Tours
- Coverage of Mumbai (Bombay), Goa, Hampi, Bengaluru (Bangalore), the Andaman Islands, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Karnataka, Udupi, Varkala, Madurai, Ooty, Alleppey, Kochi (Cochin), Pondicherry, Kerala, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet South India & Kerala, our most comprehensive guide to South India and Kerala, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's India guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover India, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sarina Singh, Trent Holden, Abigail Hole, Kate James, Amy Karafin, Anirban Mahapatra, and Kevin Raub.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide categ